Please take a moment to review these important rules. Huddle is a great resource through which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. In order to maintain an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to remove content that violates the following guidelines
Have questions for AAPA about this site? Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Post messages, blogs and documents with full transparency using accurate personal contact information. Anonymous posts are prohibited. You may not attempt to impersonate any other party or disguise the source of any information you post.
- All content should be focused on issues of importance to PAs. Many alternative venues exist for other content. Only post messages, blogs, documents suited to the medium and that add to the body of knowledge.
- Don’t attack or mock others. Let others have their say, just as you may. If you disagree with a point of view, do so respectfully and in a professional way. While heated discussions may ensue, focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Allow others to have different points of view. Continual targeting of a peer with differing views in a way that does not advance the conversation is considered a personal attack.
- Don’t post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal posts and materials are strictly prohibited. Content must not defame, libel, ridicule, mock, disparage, threaten, harass, intimidate, abuse, bully, trick, defraud, mislead, or promote violence towards other.
- You must treat others with respect and not make any offensive comments that are connected to race, religion, social class, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, or use profanity (including implied profanity) or any obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexual or otherwise objectionable language.
- Maintain a professional tone and choose your words carefully. Any language or word choice that would be inappropriate in a professional setting is not permitted.
- Don’t post commercial messages on any discussion, resource or library entry, blog post, profile signature, private messages or other area where others might see it. The promotion of products and services, and the posting of job openings are prohibited.
- Use caution when posting on communities and blogs and in the libraries, as your comments are subject to antitrust laws. Avoid discussions of things such as pricing, discounts, payment terms, market allocation, bidding, boycotts or any confidential business plans.
- Respect patient privacy. Don’t post any patient personal health information or images without appropriate permissions and ensuring that you are in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Remember that AAPA and other participants have the right to reproduce postings made to this site.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate discussion threads, communities or libraries. Do not cross-post or spam several discussion threads, communities or libraries with the same message.
- AAPA is committed to equal employment opportunity and a diverse, inclusive work environment, and respects workers’ rights to discuss working conditions, wages, union-related topics or all activities protected by the National Labor Relations Act.
- Don’t use the community, including individual member profiles in the Member Directory, for mass communications. Use of member profile information for marketing purposes is strictly prohibited.
- AAPA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
View the full Code of Conduct.