Use these tips and tricks to get the most out of your Huddle experience!
Whether you’re a brand new Huddle user or an avid poster, these tips will help you get what you need from Huddle. We add new tips and tricks often, so check back for the latest!
Have a Huddle tip or trick to suggest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guide can help you:
TIP #1: Search for Relevant Discussions
Looking for a certain discussion topic? Use the search feature!
- Type the name or a keyword of the discussion you’re looking for in the search box on the upper right-hand side of your screen.
- Your results will show relevant discussions, library entries and more.
- You can filter search results on the left-hand side.
TIP #2: Find colleagues and cohorts
Looking to connect with a colleague or an old classmate? Search the Member Directory.
- Click on “Network” in the navigation bar to find your Member Directory.
- You can search by name, company, city, state and more.
- Once you’ve found someone, you can privately message him/her or add him/her as a contact to share information and build your network.
- You can browse PA programs in the “PA Program Search” to get a list of Huddle members who attended your program.
TIP #3: Editing
Editing your post is a quick way to clarify or correct something.
- Go to your recent post and click on the arrow next to “Reply to Discussion.”
- Then click on “Edit.”
- Your post will open and you can change or edit the body of your message. *NOTE: You cannot edit your subject line.*
TIP #4: Signature
Customize how you would like your name and information to appear when you submit your post.
- Visit your Profile.
- Click on “My Account” and choose the option “Discussion Signature.”
- By default, your name, title, company name and city/state are shown as they appear in your member account. If you would like to change your default signature, either type in the information you want to include in the signature (erasing any brackets) or click on the variables on the right-hand side to have the system enter the information for you. *NOTE: If using the variables, your information will automatically fill in when you post, but you will see the fields listed, such as [FirstName] rather than your own name here.*
TIP #5 ADDING CONTACTS
Add contacts so you can send messages to stay in touch, ask questions or build a referral network. When you view another member’s profile, you’ll be able to see any contacts you have in common. You can also choose to let your contacts view certain demographics in your profile that others can't.
- Navigate to the profile of the member you would like to connect with by searching the Network.
- Click on “Add as Contact.”
- You can also hover over any name in a discussion and add a contact.
- Check the “Connections” tab in your profile to keep track of your contacts and networks.
TIP #6 PRIVATE MESSAGE
Use private messaging to make a connection and share information directly with an individual. There are two ways to send a message.
- Go to the discussion post that you would like to comment on and click on the arrow next to “Reply to Discussion.”
- Click on “Reply to Sender” and write your message on the next screen.
- Using the Network, locate the individual you wish to message.
- Click on “Send Message.”
- Type your note and click “Send.”
- Your email will arrive in the individual’s inbox from Huddle.